ArtsEdNetters to present at KAEA 2002 Fall Conference

---------

From: Marcia Scurfield (mkscurfield_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 24 2002 - 18:18:46 PDT

Dear ArtsEdNetters,

Just wanted to let you all know that Rosie, Woody and Michal are also presenting at the KAEA conference, Oct 24-26, 2002 in Wichita, Kansas.

Rosie Riordan won't be attending workshops, as she is giving FIVE workshops--this woman is a dynamo. The very first session she is doing is Fun with Crayola, 8:30-9:15am, Friday, Oct. 25. Then from 12:30-2:15 pm she is sharing a hands-on workshop,Book in a Bag. From 2:30-3:15pm she is pairing up with Lynn Felts to demonstrate a variety of media in Staedtler Struts its Stuff. Last (on Friday) she is leading a roundtable--Kaleidoscope of Bookmaking. Saturday morning, she is back with Dream Makers Workshop, at 8:30-10:15 am.

Woody Duncan is presenting on Quality Middle School Art Lessons in PowerPoint Format, at 11:30am-12:15pm, Saturday, October 26.

Michal Austin is presenting from 1:30-2:15pm on Friday, Oct. 25, Elementary Art on the Prairie and 10:30am-12:15pm on Saturday, Oct. 26, a hands-on workshop on Flip Boxes.

I think our conference will be excellent because of the quality of the presentations given by the KAEA members. They are the best!

See what I'm talking about at the KAEA website:

http://www.kaea.com/conference.asp

You are all invited. Airtran Airways now connects us affordably with the eastern half of the US and Frontier flies west. Pre-registration needs to be sent to us by October 4, 2002. (For all of you who are asking, "I thought that the preregistration had to be in by September 27th?" we found out today that it has been extended.)

Marcia,
Derby, KS

---