Re: bottle monsters

---------

Iteachart7_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Tue Sep 24 2002 - 16:46:07 PDT

In a message dated 9/23/2002 10:28:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
bkramer@srvusd.k12.ca.us writes:

> Hi, Gabrielle. I remember these from awhile back when you first shared them.
> They are so cool! If I remember, you did these examples with high school
> aged, right? You said you used instant paper mache and newspaper armatures.
> Are there any more tips to doing this project you'd like to share with us?
> Thanks......Tood...Bunk ---

Hi Bunki,
We used 20 ounce soda/water bottles for the bodies. I mixed up plaster and
poured about a cup in each bottle to act as a weight. Our new elem art
teacher is going to try this and turn them into "bobble heads" using tennis
balls. But I loved using the instant paper mache, I did adda splash of white
glue to the mix. Tempera paint is great with these.
Have fun, i know I did!
Peace
Gabrielle

---