Re: First year advice/help/sanity :)

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 24 2002 - 16:50:53 PDT

I too teach in a small school where I teach K-12. Learn to be flexible, smile, and don't volunteer for any extra projects (program design, posters, etc). This list serv is the absolutely most important "must have" you will need - I have tons of books the I rarely use as I get so many ideas here. Are you in one building or are you a traveling teacher? One classroom, cart, multiple rooms? How much time with each class? Some of the needs of a K-12 teacher depend upon your set-up.
~Michal
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

  Hi all.... This seemed like the best place to come for help. I just started teaching this year and got a late start on the school year being hired a week after school had started for the kids. I'm feeling quite overwhelmed!
  Any advice you can pass along to me will be greatly appreciated. I am teaching at a very small school and I teach all of the grades Kindergarten through 12th. Are there any books that are really great to get ideas and help from? Are there any supplies you feel are "must haves"? I'm still in the process of sorting through the old teacher's things to find where all the stuff is hidden. Any other things you can think of?

---