First year advice/help/sanity :)

---------

From: Lesley Glendenning (glendenning_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 24 2002 - 16:07:03 PDT

Hi all.... This seemed like the best place to come for help. I just started teaching this year and got a late start on the school year being hired a week after school had started for the kids. I'm feeling quite overwhelmed!
Any advice you can pass along to me will be greatly appreciated. I am teaching at a very small school and I teach all of the grades Kindergarten through 12th. Are there any books that are really great to get ideas and help from? Are there any supplies you feel are "must haves"? I'm still in the process of sorting through the old teacher's things to find where all the stuff is hidden. Any other things you can think of?

Thanks again,
Lesley

---