Re: hallway talks

---------

From: Maggie Tucker (mtucker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 24 2002 - 17:25:53 PDT

As an extra note to this thread-on-a thread:

My first year I had a 7th grader who was very belligerent and seemed
(intuititvely to me, anyway) to be menacing to me personally. I called a
dear friend of mine on the west coast, who happens to be a psychoanalyst
for troubled teens. Her advice at the time? For someone who you feel
could be a physical assaulter, NEVER confront them visually. Like canines,
direct eye contact with some people can be perceived as giving a direct
invitation to battle it out.

>Most probably true and note taken...BUT...it never seems to be the "island
>children" who need the little trip to the hallway (grin). Bunki

Maggie Tucker

mtucker@nashville.com

---