Re: RE: ideas/help needed!

---------

From: Mark Alexander (markcalexander_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 24 2002 - 10:27:30 PDT

Collect a lot of refrigerator box cardboard (call around at appliance sales places-usually they'll save them for you and be glad you can make use of them-as long as you don't ask for boxes then never return and get them out of their way!) Cut each box apart apart into two large flat sheets with one fold down the center. Make 6 or 8 circles, all the same size (string compas point on the fold). Then cut a slot on the radius of two of the circles and fit the two circles together by interlocking the slots. This will give you a basic structure that looks like an 'X' from the top. Next, cut the rest of the circles in half, and hotmelt these into the inside corners of the 'X'. Use this structure as an armature for chicken wire, which you can then cover with paper mache.
good luck!
Mark

 Nnaell@aol.com wrote:I was running this by someone and she had the brilliant idea to use one of those giant exercise balls. Not exactly the size I had in mind..but it is pretty big.

The other solution would be to just do it flat...and then I could pick up a 1/2 sheet of foam core and they could paint it. I am almost leaning toward that as the solution. Easier to manage! Also they only have 2 weeks to work on it!