hallway talks

---------

From: Fields, Linda (fieldsl_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 24 2002 - 06:34:05 PDT

they are not looking at your face, they are not listening. "

I must respectfully add here, that Doris will have to determine if this is
appropriate for her situation. Although for most of us, making eye contact
indicates both attention and respect, in some cultures it conveys the
opposite. I learned this as a young teacher dealing with island
children-they were taught that to show respect to an adult one's eyes should
be averted.

Otherwise, I completely agree with Bunki's advice. Linda in NC

---