Re: RE: ideas/help needed!

---------

ROppecker_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Tue Sep 24 2002 - 06:30:50 PDT

An armature can be made with heavy wire. Form arcs and join at the pole.
Form a full circle at the equator. Cover with chicken wire and mache.

It is possible to use 1/2 in PVC pipe to form arcs as well but you will need
wood to keep the tube in tension. 3 1/2 foot sphere may be a bit tight for
the PVC.

Go with the heavy wire, much simpler and a good project with the students.

-Robert Oppecker
Williamsburg, VA