Re: Recycling teacher?

---------

From: kavita ghai (kavitaghai2002_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Sep 23 2002 - 19:35:42 PDT

 hi ,
i have been trying to look for ways to tecah students make quick works which they finish in a day's session ,
i had got some old unused t-shirts shorts ,socks etc from the school stores ,we dipped them in plaster of aris mixture and they made interesting scuptural clothes ,the children made a grp installation showing how things are placed in their rooms etc ,also tried to make a bed ,the main method was using old rag ,dipped in plaster and giving it shapes.they children really enjoyed this work.
we also made a light mural using old color bottles(1 inch hieght),they were colored and pasted on a fibre glass sheet,later i got a light fixed behin it ,it looks really nice on the wall
kavita
  Jhirunrtx@aol.com wrote: I save lids from milk cartons, tops of laundry det, lids, etc for junk
sculpture. As well as dish det bottles. I also use the side of a one gallon
milk carton for masks. I am the junk queen! I also save cereal boxes for
collogrpahs and low relief sculptures. Janet

---
 Yahoo! Properties Special  Buy, sell, rent...your flat, or even post an ad
---