hallway talks

---------

From: Doris Wilbur (wilburd_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Sep 23 2002 - 16:53:38 PDT

Hey all wise and knowing mentors...
Can you tell me just exactly what you say to an elementary kid you have to pull out of class for a 'wake-up' talk in the hallway? I've had some problems with 3rd - 5th grade students lately who just don't stop after warnings or time in our quiet work area. I need some real dialogue that you've found to work in the past. Also, I've been concerned by a boy who trashes all his work in an angry manner, scribbling, painting whatever. This kid seems to have a real anger issue either with art or school or home. Do you have people tell you you're seeing issues that aren't there? They're not listening to me, so I'm documenting it all and turning his art into his teacher. I'm concerned about him. Thanks to you all...Doris

---