Re:what are you recycling into art?

---------

From: Jerry Vilenski (jvilensk_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 22 2002 - 18:36:15 PDT

I am the last of the great recyclers, which has actually saved me lots of budget money over the years. Right now, I am doing a paper mache outerspace vehicle project with 4th graders that is almost 100% recycled. I have each kid construct a space station, rocket ship or sattelite out of old paper cups, toilet and paper towel
roles, adding machine paper rolls, wooden scraps, matboard scraps and plastic stuff that parents have donated or I have scrounged from school sources. It is all assembled and paper mached with paper trimmings from other projects, and colored with fadeless art paper scraps. I also use the large diameter toilet paper roles
from school to make hats for paper mache clown masks, as well as using them to make decorative p.mache pencil holders and containers. Old mirror scraps can be combined with cardboard scraps to make hand-held mirrors when decorated with colored paper scraps or old wallpaper. Hope this helps.
Jerry

---