Re: artsednet digest: September 21, 2002

---------

Rdunkelart_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sun Sep 22 2002 - 18:01:31 PDT

In a message dated 9/22/02 2:04:37 AM Central Daylight Time,
artsednet@lists.getty.edu writes:

> I'm curious what other art teachers are saving and recycling into art.
> I'd like others to add to my list:

Recycle detergent bottles for Kachina figures. They have odd shapes and
sometimes a handle for an arm. I did this one year and we had such fun.
Loved
the large ones but had to quit as no place to store or display. Went to
toilet paper
rolls which worked too. And I told my kids we were making something like the
Kachinas not real Kachinas the real Kachinas are sacred to the Hopi. Roberta

---