Re: brush storage.....

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 22 2002 - 13:25:48 PDT

Bunki Kramer wrote:

> You know....I'm still trying to figure out the logic of storing brushes
> laying down flat as opposed to standing them brush-side up to dry.
>
> My logic:
> If kids wipe their brushes off on clean white paper next to the can, there
> IS no water to run down the ferrule of the brush.
>
> If kids lay DOWN the brush sideways, any moisture will remain underneath the
> brush to seep into the ferrule...even including the moisture from a paper
> towel if you lay them on that.

Actually, ideally, we should be drying them bristle-side down in a
holder that keeps the bristles off the surface below.

Even wiping them with a paper towel, there will still be some residual
moisture to seep into the ferrule. Laying them flat--IMHO--helps them
dry more efficiently. After they're truly dry I store them bristle-side
up in old oatmeal cans.

Maggie

---