Photoshop Elements 2.0

---------

From: dzinn (dzinn_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 22 2002 - 11:18:42 PDT

Hi all,

This full article isn't available online, 'for free', but here's the
abstract. I have full Photoshop, but sounds like Photoshop Elements 2.0
is a bargain (for the schoolroom...) Cheers, Deb of Colorado

STATE OF THE ART; Scaled-Down Software In
Photoshop's Image

By David Pogue (NYT) 1371 words
Late Edition - Final, Section G, Page 1, Column 1

LEAD PARAGRAPH - MOST digital camera owners need some kind of
program to organize, rotate, crop and retouch their photos. Sometimes
this software is free, right there in the camera box. Sometimes a simple
$15 shareware program does the trick. And sometimes you need Adobe's
$600
Photoshop, a professional editing program so widely used in the graphics
world that it has become a verb (''Don't worry about your ex-husband in
this shot -- we'll just Photoshop him out'').

Photoshop Elements 2.0, just released by Adobe, represents a new point
on the features-price curve. It's almost shocking how many of
Photoshop's
features Adobe chose to preserve in a program that you'd expect to be
drastically stripped down. Yet the program costs only about $85. (The
Windows, Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X versions are all on the same installation
CD.)

http://query.nytimes.com/search/abstract?res=FA0E10FD3C5A0C768CDDA00894DA404482

---