Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: bottle monster credit goes to....?

Date: Sun Sep 22 2002 - 10:18:59 PDT

In a message dated 09/22/2002 1:00:03 PM Eastern Daylight Time, writes:

> Yes...please take the credit for the Bottle monster lesson! I did this with
> a small group over the summer and am going to do small versions (using
> smaller bottles) with my third grade!

I did "Treasure Buddies" with my 8th graders a few years back. Recycling used
plastic bottles is not a new idea but how you apply your creativity to them
is always refreshing. I have seen the same project used in High School -but
naturally, the older the child- the more sophistocated and detailed the
solution. My "Treasure Buddy" sculpture lesson in Middle School required the
students to design their character so that the cap of the bottle was hidden
within a part of the paper mache'd body (head, arm, tail etc.) That piece,
then could be removed and personal items could be "hidden" within the
container. It was one of the favorite projects in this age group. I have
pictures (jpeg) I could sent you if you are interested. Email me privately
Kathy in Kalamazoo