Re: Web Design Class

---------

From: Patricia Knott (pknott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Sep 21 2002 - 21:42:37 PDT

> I'm starting them out with photos of themselves. They are motivated
> by that more that just working with any pics. My assignments will be a
> product like: Creative Manipulation of Self, Straight Pic of Self,
> Personal Web Page to Introduce You, etc.
> Woody in KC

I'm doing the same. I strongly discourage scanning found images or
picking up images on the web. Copyright and resolution issues.

When just starting any kind of computer oriented class there are lots of
issues and challenges to face. Often I find the kids are so far ahead of
me, but I need to direct the content and intention of the work.
We as art teachers can't avoid the technology. This week I offered a club
for video production. 52 signed up. I don't know what to do. I have one
camera!

I love getting into all the challenges of the interests. and I love that I
am challenged to look at and review what is relevant to teach in an art
curriculum today.

If you haven't looked at the site Deb of Colorado posted do

http://artport.whitney.org/

art making is about some other stuff that we need to get attuned to

Patty

---