Web Design Class

---------

From: Patricia Knott (pknott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Sep 21 2002 - 20:15:52 PDT

Woody-
you say I'm going to have to work hard to
> stay ahead of these kids. They are going to need to be self learners.

I'm doing the same. I have a class of 24 with only 6 computers, so I
rotate the kids in groups. I give a basic demo and ask kids to complete
tutorials. I find that that the kids really resist the tutorials and want
to just play with all the offerings of Photo Shop. Since I have 3 other
groups on other tasks it's hard for me to attend to everybody.

Any advice on keeping the students on task with the Photo Shop basics? I
don't want to make it a quiz/test situation because I believe part of the
fun of PhotoShop is the "discovery" but they really resist the step by
step stuff. Ultimately they get to the result, but it's often through a
long waste of time.

Do you have a way of getting through the basics that isn't a grade
threatening situation?

Patty

---