Re: What are you recycling into art?

---------

From: Patricia Knott (pknott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Sep 21 2002 - 20:39:25 PDT

Everything is recyclable.

I particularly love packaging materials. Especially the pressed paper
stuff. The toner cartridges for our copy machines are packed with the most
wonderful end pieces. The other day the the music teacher and I spent too
many minutes playing "what if" with these pieces. That's what I do with
"junk." Hold it up to the class and ask what could this become?

I'm lucky. The computer tech guys have an office within my room. They throw
away a lot of stuff. I fish stuff out of the garbage and ask " Are you
really throwing this away?'
Now they make a pile for me. ...

Isn't this a big part of the content of contemporary art?

Patty

---