Web Design Class

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Sep 21 2002 - 17:58:41 PDT

With all the construction at our school it's been a slow start this year.
This is especially true for my newly created 8th grade web design class.
After four weeks we now have a working lab and thanks to a fantastic
tech person we also have Photoshop 7.0 on every computer. I'm used to
Photoshop Elements but I'm not going to complain about my kids having
to use the real professional stuff. We began Friday learning to Rotate,
Crop, Resize, Adjust Brightness, etc. I'm going to have to work hard to
stay ahead of these kids. They are going to need to be self learners.
As I told them Friday, I will give you a list of objectives it's your job
to click around and figure out how to do it. When you solve a problem
help a neighbor get it. They can't hurt anything because our district
put some kind of freeze program in all labs. Anything added: images,
software, folders, changes in settings, etc. done on a lab computer
will disappear when the computer is restarted. They can't even put
important bookmarks on for tomorrow. So when the Web Angel Deb
sent out her list of Photoshop sites I decided to make it into a web
page for my students to investigate. Check them out at:
        http://kancrn.kckps.k12.ks.us/rosedale/Photoshop.html

                                                        Woody in KC

--
This one soars: