What are you recycling into art?

---------

From: FRANCIS REDFERN (nredfern_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Sep 21 2002 - 17:33:23 PDT

Has this thread already been done? I don't remember.
I'm curious what other art teachers are saving and recycling into art.
I'd like others to add to my list:

cereal boxes and other boxes of a similar weight - use the cardboard for
various projects. I took two boxes
    of same size, painted them, cut one into vertical strips and one
into horizontal strips and wove them
    together into a basket/box

toilet paper rolls - so many uses, I'm saving mine to make kaleidescopes
with

coffeemate containers - vases for still life arrangements or armatures
for paper mache

I know I've done more but can't remember. Can anyone add to the list.

Nora

---