Islamic religion/Portrait requirement

---------

From: Ellen Silverman (mcguffsilver_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Sep 21 2002 - 11:52:41 PDT

Michele,
    Now, that is a tough one. I suppose it is a requirement, because
they want to be sure that the student has a concepts of the proportions
of the facial features. Not because they want to see how well they are
at expressing sense of self. I would think that to get around it the
student would have to include in the portfolio their religious
restriction, verbalize their understanding of proportions, and do an
abstract design that indicated proportions that are the same as the face
but not a face. To cover all bases, they probably need to also include
a work, which expresses their self which is not a portrait. Like
doesn't all their work? Well, now I am rambling. Good luck, this is a
tough one.
Ellen Silverman

---