Re: coffee can and brushes

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Sep 21 2002 - 08:34:17 PDT

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526

>From: Michele Berlin <stardust606@worldnet.att.net>
> Bunki,
> Can you send me the details on how to make that brush holder. Sounds like a
> great idea.> Michele in NY
******************

Sure. I tripped over this idea while visiting Ken Schwab's
(Bicyclken@aol.com) class in San Jose. It's perfect.

Get a large coffee can with top cut out or removed. Cut a piece of wood the
circumference of the can and drill 36 holes in it. Fit the piece of wood
into the top of the can and nail small brads into the top sides to hold the
wood in place. Spray paint all. Very nice holder for your long-handled
brushes.

Our woodshop "disappeared" when the shop teacher retired...the principal who
just left felt we needed MORE computer room than keeping the woodshop alive.
There went my bandsaws, drills, table saws, tools, etc. to make stuff so I'm
without tools to make more brush holders. That's why I suggested it as a
possible "product" for sale. Toodles....Bunki

---