Pop Art

---------

From: Kerry L Murphy (klmvisarts_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Sep 21 2002 - 04:37:54 PDT

D. Sterner,
I sent you one of my Drawing & Painting class lessons w/ rubric as a second mailing. How about Roy Lichtenstein's Cathedrals after Monet's. This could be a great vehicle for discussion of Postmodernist modernist referencing-- who is referencing whom currently? Or other images using text...They could do a text and image piece in a comic strip manner but select their own text instead of appropriating it. Just thinking off the top of my head now! Claes Oldenburg's storefront could be inspirational, with students creating their own in a school display case or less obvious area- art food in the cafeteria? Sculptures of candy sold with the real thing at the school store? His Mickey mouse shaped gallery at the MOMA could lead to them designing a space for one of their collections.
Kerry

---