Re: Clothes Hanger Collection

---------

From: Judie (judiej50_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Sep 21 2002 - 00:02:13 PDT

Joe, don't know what age you teach, but perhaps you could do a huge
collaborative sculpture--have students paint or wrap yarn around hangers,
etc., then assemble them in some huge sculptural structure. Perhaps you
could take it a step further and do a visual pun play onthe word "hanger"
to come up with a title for the sculpture--"all hung up", "hanging around",
"hang out", "hang in there", "hangover" oops, maybe not.

Good luck.

Judie

>Hey all,
>
>I have just moved into a new house and the previous occupant left me about
>3 large closet full of clothes hangers. What to do with them is the
>question? There are all sorts of hangers in this collection, plastic
>ones, wire ones, hangers with fuzzy puffballs. I have separated the wire
>hangers to use for panty hoes sculpture. But what to do I do with the
>rest? I hate to throw them away and want to use them in an art project
>but I am coming up with a blank as to what to do with them. Any
>suggestions?
>

>Hope everyone is having a great year.
>
>Blessings,
>
>Joe