Re: Matting Question

---------

LMiller435_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Fri Sep 20 2002 - 18:18:03 PDT

In a message dated 09/20/2002 3:22:57 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
bbowen@cushingms.k12.ok.us writes:

> For charcoal you definitely need a mat, you won't want it up against the
> glass
> or plexi, and I think gallery clips look pretty tacky. Spring for a decent,
> simple, frame, it really makes a difference.

Plexi tends to attract particles of charcoal and pastel. Even with a mat.
Are you spray fixing the charcoal? Also I would have an inner mat, under the
showing mat, with a 1/4 inch wider opening all around. Any flakes from the
charcoal will have more of a chance of hiding behind the mat, if there is a
little space. Otherwise they fall onto the mat and make a mess.

Leslie in Framingham

---