value

---------

From: Michele Berlin (stardust606_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Sep 20 2002 - 16:58:00 PDT

Thank you all so much for your suggestions on value. Some of the
suggestions you guys made I can use in my drawing class as well.
I love the portrait ideas, however, in my school I have to be careful.
We have a good sized Muslim population. In the Islamic religion they
are forbidden to draw faces. Let me tell you how that can make art
lesson planning hard sometimes. In fact I have a couple of students that
are art college bound that are also Islamic. Now, I was told that they
look for portraits in the portfolios when reviewing them for admissions.
Anybody have any ideas on how to help them get around that one? I don't
have clue.
thanks,
Michele in NY

---