Re: Kimono prints

---------

From: Jancy & Mike Cossin (jmcossin_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Sep 20 2002 - 14:37:17 PDT

Ken- I would love a handout if it isn't an inconvenience. Chalk up all of the letters being sent off to professional development. hehe.

Jancy Cossin
Walnut Springs Middle School
888 E. Walnut St.
Westerville, OHio 32081

Bicyclken@aol.corote:I was asked to describe the process of collographs. This is a simple process but, it has many componets so it would be a long post. I had talked about it at the NAEA conference when I spoke about printmaking in high school, it was in my handout. I was thinking of giving a workshop on this at the next convention but I opted to do one on embossing with 6 levels and using a number system to figure out the levels.

I will try to construct a list of activities on how to do collographs but, there are many books out that show techniques, materials to use and how to print. Check them out and they will be a great resource for you.

I am mailing out the requests for the handout daily, there has been a lot, and so far the district has not questioned me on all these letters without postage. They should be to you soon. They must go through the district office and then get stamped and sent to the post office. It takes awhile.

Ken Schwab ---