Re: Need your input

---------

From: Betty Bowen (bbowen_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Sep 20 2002 - 10:59:36 PDT

Kit idea - I had a very successful unit on architecture last year, thanks to
grant funding. We used graph paper, fome-cor, the cool rabbet cutter, x-actos
and cutting boards, double sided tape and the stained glass paper. (A framing
V-groove cutter would have been really helpful for curved walls)

We also used non-drying clay to learn the 3 orders of classical architecture in
columns and capitals. They made great stuff! And we used the same clay to see
how high we could build arches, and then how much way higher we could build
arches using flying buttresses.

I used green bell peppers to teach the differences in plan, scale, and section.

Betty

---