Re: mounting a photo print....

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 19 2002 - 17:39:14 PDT

ArtEMailbox@aol.com wrote:

> I am mounting a photo using the dry mount press which worked out great. Since this is my first time I cant figure out how to adhere the mat with the whole in it to the backing mat....I know you all know.
> please help
> adriane

There are two ways to mount the matboard onto the mounting board. When
I worked in a frame store, we used a 3M tape dispenser that applied a
very sticky double-stick tape to the mounting board, on top of which we
placed the mat.

At school, I butt the top of the mount board, which is right side up,
against the top of the mat, which is facing wrong-side up. Then I use
brown kraft tape across the seam of the two, creating a hinged mat.

Maggie

---