RE: value

---------

From: Hillmer, Jan (hillmjan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Sep 20 2002 - 06:36:55 PDT

OOOhh - I did this last year with digital photos I took (then printed
out) of each of my 5th graders. The self portraits turned out
fantastic! One of the kids wanted to then peel off the photo image to
complete his drawing.... but it was the end of the year and we were out
of time. Most of the kids got a fairly good range of values.

THe previous assignments were to:
 *create a paper sculpture (all white)
 *draw the sculpture, seeking out the values
 *make a viewfinder, and find an interesting area of the previous
sketch, then blow that 2" sq up to 12", values again being important.

Jan