Re: Re:value

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Sep 20 2002 - 05:41:24 PDT

I just did something similiar, only I purchased paper plates, styrofoam
cups, napkins, and plastic table settings. They set up their own mini
still-life on white paper. Occasionally I pick up their drawings and step
back a few feet so they can see they need to work with more values (mainly
darker).
~Michal

> Michele....I set up an all white still life...went to Christmas Tree Shops
> and bought white bowls, plates, vases, and spray painted plastic fruit
white,
> etc. (Glued them all together, makes a nice sculpture piece!) All white,
> not confuse value with color. They are drawing with ebony
pencils....talked
> about composition (the same question of "do I have to draw it all?" is
no),
> running off the page, etc. They made a value scale to compare their use
of
> values to.

---