Re: mounting a photo print....

---------

From: Mark Alexander (markcalexander_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 19 2002 - 19:35:41 PDT

I have two suggestions:
1- Use double stick tape around the outer edge of the mounting board, and stick the back of the window mat to it. 3M makes a quality tape for this, but even carpet tape would work. Hard to reposition, but very secure.
2- I feel making a hinge mat is the preferred method. Make sure the window mat and backing board are the same size and the window properly frames the picture when both of the board's edges are lined up. Lay the mounting board on the table face up. Lay the window mat on the table face down next to it, matching the long edges of both boards. Use one piece of artist's tape almost as long as the long edge of the boards, pressing it the seam, half on each board. Fold the window mat over the mounting board and press the tape 'hinge' down. A 'latch' can be made by sneaking a tape roll between the boards on the other long side, opposite the hinge. Works best if it is displayed in a frame or with clips, and the mat can be reused on other work in the future, if desired.
Good luck, Mark
 ArtEMailbox@aol.com wrote:I am mounting a photo using the dry mount press which worked out great. Since this is my first time I cant figure out how to adhere the mat with the whole in it to the backing mat....I know you all know.
please help
adriane