Re: Empty Bowls

---------

From: Sid Miller (sidmill_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 19 2002 - 12:34:44 PDT

Hi Danna, I assume that you're doing a fund raiser for some cause where
people will buy a bowl of soup and keep the bowl??
We did that at our state art ed. conference many years ago and it was
great--but we knew how many to have ready. People pre-paid for the
dinner (c.$10). Last year a community group had one and only had about
50 bowls---around 200 people showed up and were upset to not get a
bowl. Keep in mind that it's a huge job for whoever gets the bowl
making job, and there is a considerable cost to making and glazing 200
bowls. Sid