Computers and Art, courses online

---------

From: Kaye Passmore (kpassmore_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 19 2002 - 08:30:14 PDT

Anne,
Look at Teaching Art Online on the Davis site (www.davis-art.com). Craig
Roland has developed a very thorough, well organized online course and CD
about computer art resources and how to use and find them in ways that I had
never even thought about. Nancy Walkup will be teaching the next session. It
starts in a few weeks, October 7. Those who have taken the course or used
the CD always mention the wealth of information in it.

Identity and Place in Contemporary Art will also begin October 7. It
features artists from the Art:21 Public Broadcasting TV series.

Both of these courses will give you a lot of good ideas for using computers
in art class ­EFFECTIVELY! Good luck!
Kaye

> Subject: new computer lab and art class??
> From: Anne Ferguson <anne01005@yahoo.com>
> Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 09:56:58 -0700 (PDT)
>
> Hello,
> I'm a little new at all this. We have a new computer
> lab in our middle school. We're trying to take all
> classes there at least a few times during the year.
> This is all great, but my students get so little time
> in art as it is that when we go to the computer lab
> we've got to be doing very art related work, and of
> course, using time wisely (sometimes tough for 7th
> graders). So, where might I find some ideas about
> where to start with computers?
> Anne

---