RE: ART night...need NEW PROJECTS!

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ESears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 19 2002 - 05:57:30 PDT

What about stamping small rectangles of cloth with adrinka - like symbols...

Paper cutting - small symmetrical or radial designs mounted on contrasting
paper (Chinese/Polish/Mexican) -

Mosaics with small squares of pre-baked sculpey pressed into unbaked sculpey
sheet - then bake

Chinese sumi painting

batik/crayon resist... or tie dye with coffee filter papers...

If you could figure out enough things they could mount in a little book -
their passport - of 'art from the world'....

Ellen Sears

> Art night is only 5 weeks away!!! I have decided on "Art /Crafts from
> around the World". I need some really cool, NEW ideas for projects that
> don't cost a lot and are a make-it, take-it. The ages of the kids are
> 5-10. The total amount of time they have to visit as many tables as
> possible is 1hour/15 minutes.
> Thanks!
> Robin in VA ---

---