Resources on identity needed

---------

From: Jeryl W. Hollingworth (holl5_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 18 2002 - 18:02:52 PDT

The Mike Venezia series of childrens books might be helpful. He does a
series called The World's Greatest Artist with each book on a different
artist. The books have background info on the artist with real work by
the artist and cartoons by the Venezia. I recently read the Jacob
Lawrence one to my students and he dealt with Lawrence's depression and
stay in a mental institute in a way that was pretty effective for the
kids. Venezia talks a lot about why the artists felt the way they did
and how they created their art. I use the books with elementary level
and they really like them.
       Jeryl in SC

---