Great Kinder Color Mixing Lesson

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 18 2002 - 15:34:23 PDT

I purchased this stuff called Bio-Color last year. There was a bottle of
some liquid stuff and some tempera. The tempera is really neat - it does all
kinds of different stuff. Anyways, you mix some of the tempera into the
liquid stuff and it turns to a putty. I split my kinders into 3 groups and
we had the red group, yellow group, and blue group. Each group got a blob of
the putty to play with. After they played with it for a couple of minutes I
decided (loudly) that the red group needed some yellow putty, blue needed
red, and yellow needed blue. Guess what they "discovered"! I have never had
that kind of excitement with paint! I was estatic to hear them excitedly
telling their teacher how to make orange.....
~Michal

---