Thanks and Davis curriculum

---------

From: Merrilee Gladkosky (MGladkosky_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 18 2002 - 12:27:20 PDT

Many thanks for the informatin about where to get software. My daughter
and I thank you so much. This is a wonderful list!
     Let me share with you that I had a windfall of money for the art
program and used part of it to buy the Davis curriculum for elementary
school: Adventures in Art. I did not buy student books but pretty much
everything else. This money came from an auction and I may never have
it again. This will last a long time. i am delighted with it...anyone
else use it as a basis for their curriculum? I got the teacher manuals,
masters, large prints, artist and vocab cards. I have grades one and
two big books and the kg curriculum. I feel like a new lease on life
has come in the mail. I know full well that I can "glitz up" and add to
these basics, but I'm impressed.
     You know, after doing this art teaching with the little ones for so
long I need to restructure. I work in a vacuum...little contact. So,
this is one solution, as is this list.
      Never needed other art teachers as much as I need them know. I'm
interested in any opinions about this curriculum and if anyone else
makes use of it. Thanks. Merrilee in CT

---