Re: Paris in Oct.

---------

From: Aaron Hopkins (hopkiaar_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 18 2002 - 05:09:07 PDT

When I went to paris I stayed with a french girl who owned a flat in the
city. She was a foreign exchange student that lived with my family.
She also was an art history major in college! My advice would be to
find someone who lives in Paris who would be able to help you out.
Maybe there is something online that would hook you up with a person
there?

>>> holl5@innova.net 09/16/02 10:16PM >>>
I know this has been discussed before but I'm guilty of skimming those
messages that I may never need. Who would have thought??? I've just
"fallen" into a great opportunity to spend 6 days in Paris in the
middle
of Oct. I'm meeting my daughter who is doing a semester abroad near
Nice. She's meeting of us in Paris and we'll spend our time there.
Neither of us speak French ( she is taking all writing and photography
classes). I'm going with two other friends -none of us has ever been
France. Now, I need advice? What to see/not miss in 5 days? We get in
on
a Thurs am and leave on a Tues am. flying into Charles DeGaulle. Don't
even have hotel booked yet. So what is the advice from all of you have
some experience? I was a little worried asking my principal for three
more days off since I'm going to be gone in Nov/Dec for 3 weeks to
Japan
on a Fulbright trip but he was great about it. He said every art
teacher
needs to see Mona!
           thanks for any help,
                   Jeryl