Resources on identity needed

---------

From: Patricia Knott (pknott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 17 2002 - 20:37:43 PDT

Regarding the recent discussion on the notion of Identity.

Davis publications offers an on-line course Identity and Place in
Contemporary Art based on the PBS series Art21.

The course delves into notions of identity that prevail in art today that go
much beyond the obvious historical references. The course caused me to do
do a lot of serious thinking and I recommend it. Identity is not just a
portrait, it's about heritage. And asking students to "identify" requires
nuch thought.

Check the PBS site.
http://www.pbs.org/art21/

Link to the Davis course
http://www.pbs.org/art21/edu/regional/davis.html

Davis also offers a slide series as a companion piece to the Art 21 series

I loved this course. This is not about easy lessons---- it's about thinking
and delving and bringing personal expression to ideas we all hold.

Patty
P.S. Artist's stories are the major part of the content

---