Re: Collographs and Group Lessons

---------

From: Susan Holland (Susan_Holland_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 17 2002 - 14:22:26 PDT

artsednet@lists.getty.edu writes:
>What polymer medium do you use for collographs to seal them?
>Does anyone have a lesson plan on collographs you are willing to share?
>Has anyone done a earth based and community (people connected to the earth
>and each other) unit? Does anyone have lessons that are group based that
>worked well? I am looking for 7-8th grade stuff.

I used an acrylic gel medium, and my collagraph lesson for 4th grade was based
on Mission architecture, connecting it to Texas History. We made images of
facades with typical architectural features- bell towers or bell walls, arches,
windows, doors, stairs. . .

susan_holland@teachnet.edb.utexas.edu

---