RE: American "costume"

---------

From: Hillmer, Jan (hillmjan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 17 2002 - 08:36:33 PDT

Ok. First we all had sashes with our respective titles written on them.
We wore 'normal' clothing with a close appropriate color (blue=sky,
yellow = amber,purple, and a vest w/ apples all over for fruited ).
Then we each created a hat - I made the rays of the sun out of paper w/
glitter and attached it to a hairband. Amber waves- whole heads(?) of
grain was attached to a wide yellow strip of paper going around her
head. Mountains majesty wore a crown, and Fruited plains wore another
crown with plastic fruit dangling from it. We walked arm in arm, in
musical order. This was partially intended as symbolic since there had
been lots of discord with a previous fine arts teacher. Then, when we
paraded with our Lower Division (elementary) we sang our song,
together.

Jan