Re: Paris in Oct.

---------

From: Kathleen Shilson (kshilson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Sep 16 2002 - 22:21:16 PDT

I have a little roof top apartment in Paris.. we purchased in 1989. First
off.. see the Louvre... walk about a mile to the Musee d'Orsay.. stroll
through the Tuileries and take in all the statues/sculptures.. ignore the
ferris wheel in the park kind of eyesore... take a stroll over to the Eiffel
Tower than walk up the Champs Elysees to the Arc de Triomphe.. you might
find a McDonalds two blocks away hahah- actually right by the Lourve theres
a McDonalds, also.. kind of takes away the ambience.. take in the Gare
St-Lazare Train Station.. walk across the Pont Neuf bridge.. go to the
subway and ride tell you get of at Pigalle.. sit on the banks of the Seine
and watch the excursion boats go by.. go inside to Norte Dame church .. go
to the cemetary in Montmartre where alot of famous artists and writers are
buried.. just walk and walk till you drop..you will marvel at the haussmann
architecture.. take alook at my website where I have some Paris street
scenes www.geocities.com/shilsonart
Wayne S