Re: Paris in Oct.

---------

ARTNSOUL12_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Mon Sep 16 2002 - 19:55:07 PDT

In a message dated 09/16/2002 10:21:56 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
holl5@innova.net writes:

> 'm going with two other friends -none of us has ever been to
> France. Now, I need advice? What to see/not miss in 5 days?

Hi, Jeryl, my "Fulbright partner",
I love Paris sooo much, although I'm not so happy with the French government
lately, so I didn't go this year, but let's not get into a political
discussion... You can fit in quite a lot in 5 days....Don't miss the Picasso
Museum, his former home in Paris, and the Musee D'Orsey, a converted railroad
station turned magnifique museum! They are two my favorite museums in Paris.
Go to the top floor and you will see the most spectacular display of van
Goghs, etc. The Rodin Museum is also a wonderful museum. Of course, don't
expect to see all of the Louvre- you've got to plan which collection you want
to see. Don't be too disappointed in Mona- behind glass and ropes and
hundreds trying to catch a glimpse. In the same room as Mona, however is the
largest painting in the Louvre. I forget the name, but obviously one can't
miss it- it's the whole wall to the left of Mona and it's spectacular!
Sidetrips should include Monmartre (the artists colony- a little tacky, but
fun.) Outside of Paris are Monet's gardens and the Palace at Versailles.
Find out which days they turn the fountains on at Versailles before you plan
which day to go. Get a 3-5 day pass for the subway, which allows you
unlimited access and is the best way to get around..
Have a fabulous time...Take a boat ride down the Seine and climb to the top
of the Eiffle Tower. Don't miss all that delicious French food. Such a
world traveller you are... see you in Tokyo in November when I look forward
to hearing firsthand about your Paris trip!
Susan on Long Island

---