Paris in Oct.

---------

From: Jeryl W. Hollingworth (holl5_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Sep 16 2002 - 19:16:44 PDT

I know this has been discussed before but I'm guilty of skimming those
messages that I may never need. Who would have thought??? I've just
"fallen" into a great opportunity to spend 6 days in Paris in the middle
of Oct. I'm meeting my daughter who is doing a semester abroad near
Nice. She's meeting of us in Paris and we'll spend our time there.
Neither of us speak French ( she is taking all writing and photography
classes). I'm going with two other friends -none of us has ever been to
France. Now, I need advice? What to see/not miss in 5 days? We get in on
a Thurs am and leave on a Tues am. flying into Charles DeGaulle. Don't
even have hotel booked yet. So what is the advice from all of you have
some experience? I was a little worried asking my principal for three
more days off since I'm going to be gone in Nov/Dec for 3 weeks to Japan
on a Fulbright trip but he was great about it. He said every art teacher
needs to see Mona!
           thanks for any help,
                   Jeryl

---