RE: wish lists

---------

From: LeAnn Escoffre (lescoffre_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Sep 16 2002 - 17:06:11 PDT

I would like a copy also please.
Thank you,
LeAnn
  -----Original Message-----
  From: Jancy & Mike Cossin [mailto:jmcossin@yahoo.com]
  Sent: Monday, September 16, 2002 5:53 PM
  To: ArtsEdNet Talk
  Subject: Re: wish lists

  Ricardo- this is an excellent idea!!!!!!!!! can I please have a copy of
your brochure for curiousity's sake? Then I'll work on my own! Thanks for
sharing!!!

  Jancy In Ohio

   Ricardo Ramirez wrote:

    A week before open house I sent a brochure home with the students that
    included a wish list and list of things the art department could use. I
    thought that I would put to use the information I learned from Intel
    teach to the future.
    I prepared a powerpoint presentation from the previous year to play
    continously throughout the open house evening. I placed on the wall the
    wish list. I used colorful construction paper cut into small rectangles
    to list each item. I placed a big and brilliant bow to get the parents'
    attention. Cheesey, yet it worked. When I met the parents, I tried to
    stay near the powerpoint presentation and the wish list. Many parents
    took the items off the wall and said that they would handle it. Others
    saw the list on the brochures and said they had it laying around the
    house. I sold the art program that night!
    Open house was in the! second week of school. During the fourth week
    of school, the art deparment had four new easels, two scanners, a
    digital and polaroid camera, a ladder, a slide projector and
    approximately 336 dollars donated to the art program for the art club
    and the remaining wish items. We also received about 60 10"x8" wood
    squares for clay projects,and mounds of miscellaneous items such as
    yarn, fabrics, buttons, beads,etc.! I have planned to do a wish list
    annually for the rest of my teaching career!
    Make sure to send thank you cards with a business card (my school
    provided the business cards and mailed all the letters) Send to
    everyone that donated something no matter how big or small the
    donation!

    If you want a copy of the brochure which was printed in black and white
    and let me know. Parents want to see what their children will be able
    to produce and they want to know how to help you out! Let them know and
    don't be afraid to toot your ! horn!!

>>> Mbhirst@aol.com 09/13/02 04:49PM >>>
    Do any of you other high school art teachers have "Wish Lists" that you

    distribute to parents? I am preparing one for Open House next week and
    would
    be interested in your ideas.
    Thanks in advance,

    Marcia