Re: sept. 11

---------

From: Ricardo Ramirez (rramirez2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Sep 16 2002 - 08:47:44 PDT

Excellent idea!

>>> PrimaryE@aol.com 09/16/02 05:08AM >>>
In a message dated 9/15/02 10:15:08 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
rramirez2@dentonisd.org writes:

> My theme this year is America the Beautiful! Do you have any visuals
that I
> can use for stimulationf for my students? I would love to show them
and
> see the artwork...I bet they turned out great!

I don't always get to read all the posts so I don't know if I'm
repeating
something that was already written. Years ago I saw an elementary
school art
exhibit to the song "America the Beautiful" which impressed me. It
could
easily be done for any level. The art teacher broke the song into
phrases
and assigned them to different students to draw. The drawings were
displayed
under each sentence. Very powerful. I also think it gave the students
some
extra direction.

Words By: Katherine Lee Bates
Music By: Samuel A. Ward

O beautiful for spacious skies, (drawing)
For amber waves of grain, (drawing)
For purple mountain majesties (drawing)
Above the fruited plain! (drawing)
America! America!