Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: sept. 11

From: Ricardo Ramirez (rramirez2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Sep 16 2002 - 08:47:44 PDT

Excellent idea!

>>> 09/16/02 05:08AM >>>
In a message dated 9/15/02 10:15:08 PM Eastern Daylight Time, writes:

> My theme this year is America the Beautiful! Do you have any visuals
that I
> can use for stimulationf for my students? I would love to show them
> see the artwork...I bet they turned out great!

I don't always get to read all the posts so I don't know if I'm
something that was already written. Years ago I saw an elementary
school art
exhibit to the song "America the Beautiful" which impressed me. It
easily be done for any level. The art teacher broke the song into
and assigned them to different students to draw. The drawings were
under each sentence. Very powerful. I also think it gave the students
extra direction.

Words By: Katherine Lee Bates
Music By: Samuel A. Ward

O beautiful for spacious skies, (drawing)
For amber waves of grain, (drawing)
For purple mountain majesties (drawing)
Above the fruited plain! (drawing)
America! America!