Re: sept. 11

---------

PrimaryE_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Mon Sep 16 2002 - 03:08:32 PDT

In a message dated 9/15/02 10:15:08 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
rramirez2@dentonisd.org writes:

> My theme this year is America the Beautiful! Do you have any visuals that I
> can use for stimulationf for my students? I would love to show them and
> see the artwork...I bet they turned out great!

I don't always get to read all the posts so I don't know if I'm repeating
something that was already written. Years ago I saw an elementary school art
exhibit to the song "America the Beautiful" which impressed me. It could
easily be done for any level. The art teacher broke the song into phrases
and assigned them to different students to draw. The drawings were displayed
under each sentence. Very powerful. I also think it gave the students some
extra direction.

Words By: Katherine Lee Bates
Music By: Samuel A. Ward

O beautiful for spacious skies, (drawing)
For amber waves of grain, (drawing)
For purple mountain majesties (drawing)
Above the fruited plain! (drawing)
America! America!