Re: sept. 11

---------

From: Ricardo Ramirez (rramirez2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 15 2002 - 19:11:50 PDT

My theme this year is America the Beautiful! Do you have any visuals
that I can use for stimulationf for my students? I would love to show
them and see the artwork...I bet they turned out great!

Ricardo Ramirez

>>> klmvisarts@cox.net 09/13/02 09:29PM >>>

I dreaded teaching on this day. Last year I was brand new to teaching at
the high school level, and that was such a difficult time. This year we
commemorated the day by communicating our thoughts visually in mixed
media. Most students created a collage, many text and image, some did a
drawing--all works had a powerful aspect to them. I was truly blown
away by the intensity, variety and depth of view points expressed, and
by our introductory conversation. Many were distressed by what they saw
as the commercial aspect of the anniversary--leading to an introduction
to Barbara Kruger. Others felt patriotic. Some synthesized their
knowledge of world events through the creation of a visual image...WOW!
What a moving day it turned out to be. Today many students finished up
and matted their works. The work was so strong. Best of all it was an
opportunity to connect with new students on a deep level so soon into
the new year.
Kerry

---
leave-artsednet-7600Y@lists.getty.edu