rainsticks

---------

From: Kathleen Gordon (kjgordon1_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 15 2002 - 17:50:14 PDT

Last year i made rainsticks with my ceramics class. We made tubes of
extruded clay sealing up both ends... then we put many small holes around
the perimeter and one large one. After they were glazed we put steel shot in
the large hole and then glued the pins with the big plastic heads i nthe
small holes.. the final product had a wonderful sound....clay and pins are
cheap.. steel shot not so much but a little goes a long way....good luck
with whatever you decide to do

Kathleen Gordon
kjgordon1@hotmail.com

"if things seem under control you are not going fast enough."
"Mario Andretti